1) Landlords look for a credit score of about 600 or higher. If your credit score is lower and your salary looks good, they may ask for a 2-month security deposit.
2) A credit and background check are done for everybody living in the property over the age of 18 years old. The fees for this run anywhere from $25.00-$65.00 per person. This fee is determined by the company that has listed the property.
3) The average salary landlords look for is 35 times the monthly rental. For example, if your rent was $1850.00 per month you would multiple that by 35. $1850.00 x 35 = $64,750.00 gross annual salary needed. This varies.
4) All parties over the age of 18 years old would need to fill out an application.
5) You would need a cashier's check or money order for the first month's rent and security deposit when you sign the lease.
These guidelines can vary with each landlord. Please call, text or email with any questions.
Alison Green, Realtor